Office of Program Development and Funding
Available Funding Opportunities
The 2015-16 Ursula Forem Domestic Violence Program Employment Fellowship Request for Proposals (RFP) is now available. The proposal due date is 12:00 (Noon) EST, Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
If you experience difficulty using GMS or do not have Internet access, please contact DCJS' Office of Program Development & Funding or call (518) 457-9787. DCJS technical assistance with GMS will be available until 12:00 (Noon) EST, Tuesday, January 12, 2016.
All questions about the requirements contained in this RFP must be submitted in writing (emails are accepted) by 5:00PM EST, Wednesday, January 13, 2016 to:
NYS OPDV Ursula Forem Domestic Violence Program Employment Fellowship Alfred E. Smith Building 80 South Swan Street - Suite 1157 Albany, NY 12210 Email: Joan Faxon Please type Fellowship Program as the subject line.
The DCJS Office of Program Development and Funding (OPDF) is integral in supporting the criminal justice community. OPDF:
- targets funding at specific criminal justice policy issues or geographical locations within New York State to implement federal, gubernatorial or legislative initiatives
- develops policy for new programs to be supported by state and federal funds
- administers applications and requests-for-proposals (RFPs) for State and Federal grant funding
- develops program guidelines to assist grantees in formulating their grant projects in a manner consistent with enabling legislation and regulations
- provides technical assistance to counties and localities to access funding and/or implement programs
- monitors and evaluates grant projects to ensure that grantees implement programs consistent with the terms and conditions of their contracts and to determine if established performance measures are being attained
- disseminates information on model programs to assist localities in replicating best practices, and
- provides resources to grantees for locating, administering and applying for grant-funded programs