Office of Program Development and Funding
Available Funding Opportunities
The 2015 - 2018 NYS Domestic and Sexual Assault Violence Hotline RFP is now available. The deadline for applications is 12:00 (Noon) EST, Wednesday, May 6, 2015.
All questions about the requirements contained in this RFP must be submitted in writing via email by 5:00 PM EST on Friday, April 17, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type "Hotline RFP 2015 - 2018" as the subject line. Answers to questions will be posted on or before Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
The DCJS Office of Program Development and Funding (OPDF) is integral in supporting the criminal justice community. OPDF:
- targets funding at specific criminal justice policy issues or geographical locations within New York State to implement federal, gubernatorial or legislative initiatives
- develops policy for new programs to be supported by state and federal funds
- administers applications and requests-for-proposals (RFPs) for State and Federal grant funding
- develops program guidelines to assist grantees in formulating their grant projects in a manner consistent with enabling legislation and regulations
- provides technical assistance to counties and localities to access funding and/or implement programs
- monitors and evaluates grant projects to ensure that grantees implement programs consistent with the terms and conditions of their contracts and to determine if established performance measures are being attained
- disseminates information on model programs to assist localities in replicating best practices, and
- provides resources to grantees for locating, administering and applying for grant-funded programs