Office of Program Development and Funding
Available Funding Opportunities
The 2015-16 Aid to Crime Labs Program Request for Applications (RFA) is now available. The deadline for applications is 12:00 (Noon), Wednesday, August 12, 2015.
Please view the Attachment entitled: 2015-16 Aid to Crime Labs Program Expenditure Reporting Form
Questions regarding this RFA may be submitted to DCJS at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, June 30, 2015. Please reference "Aid to Crime Labs RFA” in the subject line of your email. Responses to questions will be posted here on or about Thursday, July 8, 2015.
The LIVESCAN Equipment Program Request for Applications (RFA) is now available. The deadline for applications is 12:00 (Noon), Wednesday, August 5, 2015.
Please view the Revised List of Eligible Agencies here.
The questions received regarding the LIVESCAN Equipment Program through Tuesday, June 23, 2015, along with their accompanying answers, are now available here.
The DCJS Office of Program Development and Funding (OPDF) is integral in supporting the criminal justice community. OPDF:
- targets funding at specific criminal justice policy issues or geographical locations within New York State to implement federal, gubernatorial or legislative initiatives
- develops policy for new programs to be supported by state and federal funds
- administers applications and requests-for-proposals (RFPs) for State and Federal grant funding
- develops program guidelines to assist grantees in formulating their grant projects in a manner consistent with enabling legislation and regulations
- provides technical assistance to counties and localities to access funding and/or implement programs
- monitors and evaluates grant projects to ensure that grantees implement programs consistent with the terms and conditions of their contracts and to determine if established performance measures are being attained
- disseminates information on model programs to assist localities in replicating best practices, and
- provides resources to grantees for locating, administering and applying for grant-funded programs